Sunday 5 December 2010

Final Piece Evaluation

Final Piece


My final piece was a portrait of tine tempah made out of an old tape and cardboard. 


I was inspired by the music video to bruno Mars's song 'Just The Way You Are'. I then researched other artists that used old tape to make pictures out of, there were loads one i came across was Jim Morrison. 


I made my final outcome by firstly finding a picture of tinie tempah, then drawing it onto a piece of card, by a much bigger scale. I then experimented what type of glue was most suitable for sticking the tape. I chose pritt stick because the glue gun was too hot and melted the tape, pva was okay but pritt stick is easier to use. I then just taped over my drawing. 


Instead of using A3 paper, which i asked for originally, i used recycled cardboard to keep in with the recycled theme. I am pleased that i used cardboard in the end because it looks more recycled and it is also a stronger material to work with.


I am most pleased with the hands as they really stand out and have all the detail from the picture. I am not that pleased with the overall out come because i don't think you can recognise who it is, even if you know what he looks like. I could improve all of it, as i think it all looks quite messy and i could have spent more time on it.





This is an example of work that I found. It is a tape portrait of Bob Dylan. This picture uses the tape in the picture. I had to consider whether to incorporate the tape into the piece or not and if so where should I put it? I decided  to put it in the bottom left corner because most artists have it in the centre at the bottom, so i wanted to be a bit different. 


This is my work from the exhibition.



No comments:

Post a Comment