Saturday 2 October 2010

3D projecting form










 We were given the task to make a 3D sculpture coming out of a book. We were shown some examples by other artists, then we had to make one of our own. I got given a story book and decided to look for a line or phrase within the book to create a response to. After looking, i found the line '..and drink tea with us this afternoon' which i think is a great line you have a lot of freedom to make a response to. I chose to do a tea pot, but  If i had more time i might have done 2 teacups and some cakes and it would all be much neater. :)


I found this church/house whilst researching. It even has windows and birds flying in the sky. I think it is amazing, its so intricate,  and delicate and must have taken a long time!




This alice in wonderland themed 3D form we saw in class gave me inspiration for my art, the detail is so intricate and precise. Even the table cloth has fine dots for extra detail. I would love to be able to make a piece like this. The mugs of tea and cake etc inspired me to make a tea pot.  



No comments:

Post a Comment